International Women’s Day (8 March) is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. This year’s theme is Press For Progress
Croydon Council’s Women’s Staff Network and its partners will be marking and celebrating International Women’s Day 2018 with a week-long programme of activities and events, namely Croydon International Women’s Week.
Events on offer include:
- Empowering Women of Croydon, 5th Mar 2018 12.00 – 2.00pm, Croydon Town Hall F4 and F5
Get inspired by great local role models, network with like-minded women, find out how you can access free training and advice over light refreshments. Free activities for children. Free to attend, refreshments are provided.
- An Evening Celebrating Women, 7th Mar 2018 5.30 – 8.30 pm, BoxPark Croydon
Speakers, Performances Networking, Talks #pressforprogress.
Details and booking here.
- Dance 7th Mar 2018, Dance 6.30 pm, Film 7.45-10.00 pm, Harris Academy, South Norwood, London SE25 6AE
Screen25 are hosting a documentary exploring Jamaican Dancehall culture seen through the eyes of the women. Prior to the documentary, Ignition Dance Company are offering a class to bring the Dancehall to life! Fully accessible. Tickets £5 for dance class and from £5 for the film. Book at: www.screen25.com/whats-on/brukout
- Lives Not Knives, 8th March 2018, 5.30 – 7.30 pm, LNK Unit, Upper Mall, Centrale Shopping Centre
Lives Not Knives is hosting an event with guest speakers, entertainment, sparkling wine and cakes, and the opportunity to network with other women. Tickets available on Eventbrite or by emailing Karen@livesnotknives.org
- Museum of Croydon 10th Mar 11.00am – 4.00 pm, Museum of Croydon
The Museum of Croydon will be celebrating the achievements of some of Croydon’s Women throughout history.
During these events, visitors with children, have the opportunity to drop-in between 11am-4pm and participate in craft activity which will be held outside the Museum of Croydon gallery.
- Amy Johnson: A Last Flight Out Play 16 Mar 6.00 pm Matthews Yard
Kenley Revival Project ‘Women at War’ season presents: Amy Johnson: Last Flight Out. An original one-person show inspired by the life of record-breaking pilot, Amy Johnson. Supported by the National Lottery. The performance is approximately 1 hour 10 minutes with no interval. Please note this play is suitable for 14 years and up.
Download a brochure here for details of all the events.