Please see the following invitation from Jeff Boothe, Borough Commander, Croydon Police.
Please noted that pre-registration is a requirement and people will not be able to register on the door.
Details of how to how to pre-register is highlighted in bold towards the end of the letter below.
The Borough Commander writes,
Invitation to Project Griffin for Croydon Faith Community
Croydon Town Hall
Wednesday 5th July 2017, 6pm to 8pm
Registration will be open from 5.30pm for a prompt start at 6pm.
“Croydon Police and Faiths Together in Croydon, would like to jointly extend a personal invitation for you to join us on Wednesday 5th July 2017 at 6pm to 8pm at Croydon Town Hall, Katharine Street, Croydon CR9 1ET. This specially arranged Project Griffin event is for representatives of all faiths within the borough of Croydon.
Presentations at this event will include:
• Opening by Croydon Police – Superintendent Tony Josephs
• A welcome by the Faiths Together in Croydon Chair – Penny Smith-Orr
• An introduction for Croydon Faiths Liaison Officer – Alex Starr
• An introduction to the concept Faith Responders.
• Croydon Counter Terrorism Focus Desk delivering the brand new 2017 Project Griffin presentation containing vital information including:Identifying suspicious behaviour, how to report it and its importance.
- Identifying suspicious behaviour, how to report it and its importance.
• Stay Safe, RUN HIDE TELL – Marauding Terrorist Weapons & Firearms attacks.
• Suspicious Items, Bomb threats, enhancing protective security of your premises.
• Many more topics relevant to your faith community and there will be a great opportunity for networking.
Recent worldwide events continue to show the level to which terrorists will go to achieve their aims with potentially devastating consequences. In the event of an incident the effectiveness of the response made by you and your staff is of paramount importance in protecting your community and your buildings. This unique opportunity aims to bring together representatives of all faiths from the borough Croydon.
Croydon Police and Faith Together in Croydon are jointly launching the introduction to the Faith Responders role in Croydon – open to volunteers from all faith venues / communities in Croydon. These volunteers can play an important role in assisting the emergency services, local authority and key partners following a terrorist attack or major incident that may affect the local community. This will be of real benefit to anyone with responsibility for your venue’s building security, those who organise or manage events at your venues. This event aims to provide joint learning to make our faith venues and communities more resilient to any type of major incident.
Those interested in attending this free event should email the Croydon Counter Terrorism Focus Desk at Croydon.CTFD@met.police.uk with their name, faith venue address, role, contact details (telephone number & email) and the same full details of all additional people wishing to attend from that venue.
Attendance at the event is free and by invitation only. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept registration on the day.
Please try to attend with your venues nominated volunteer for the Croydon Faith Responder role where possible.
If you have any questions about this event you can contact James Baster or Danny King at Croydon Police on the Counter Terrorism Focus Desk on 07789 710213.
We do hope you can join us.”