When the injuries and killings of cats originally came to light through the work of SNARL, much of the activity appeared to relate to the Croydon and M25 area. Since then, more reports have come in, both new and historic, including rabbits and foxes as well as cats.
What can you do?
- Please help by spreading the word so more people are aware.
- Keep small animals in wherever possible, and ensure cats are called in and kept in at night.
- Help by displaying and sharing the latest flyer, which you can download here: SNARL flyer on Cat Killer – Oct 2016
- REPORT anything suspicious to SNARL and to the Police. It is vital that the evidence is preserved.
- And if you see anyone with a bladed instrument or suspect that a crime is in progress, please call 999.
Please read and share.
If you hear about any further domestic or wild animals been injured or found dead with the following:
Slashed neck/ decapitation and/or
Slashed belly and/or
Organs removed and/or
Pelvis removed and/or
Tail removed and/or
Leg/tail removed and/or
Any other injury which looks like it is a knife wound
1. Ask the person to contact SNARL on 07957 830 490 or mobile 07961 030064 immediately
2. Report the finding to the police either by calling 999 if they are at the scene or 101 if it is some time since they saw/ found the body/ parts.
It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL that the body/parts are safeguarded and SNARL will come out, even if it is after hours to collect any body or body parts for examination by the vet working on this case.
If the animal is still alive please take him or her straight to the vet for treatment and call us as soon as you can afterwards.
If you see anyone behaving suspiciously, particularly if they are carrying a knife or bladed weapon, please call 999 (this advice comes directly from the police) immediately.
on Facebook: South Norwood Animal Rescue and Liberty – SNARL
and on Twitter at @SNARLLondon
Keep an eye on their website for information and ways to support their work. Find it at http://snarl.org.uk/