A new campaign, Save Our Fairfield, has started up to save the Fairfield Halls from extensive closure.
The campaign writes,
“It’s simple really, whilst we welcome the investment in the Fairfield Halls redevelopment by Croydon Council, the proposed plans will see the venue close for at least two year and deprive the town of a much needed music and arts venue.
We believe the redevelopment can be carried out in a phased approach – maintaining the venue at the heart of the town, reducing the financial risk and STILL deliver a world class venue for Croydon to be proud of.”
Find the campaign at www.saveourfairfield.org
The campaign asks that you sign this petition to show your support for a more reasoned, phased redevelopment of the Fairfield Halls that WILL:
- Ensure the longevity of the venue
- Provide Croydon with a much needed cultural identity over the next two years
- Continue to stage great events – from established favourites to the new and brave!
- Build on the work already undertaken to improve “Brand Croydon” by attracting headline music acts to the Borough
- Maintain audience engagement and a home for community initiatives
- Ensure that on completion of the redevelopment, the Fairfield will be a vibrant and ALREADY OPERATIONAL world-class venue.
Find the petition here.