YANAH presents a “You Tell Me” workshop.
Monday 10 November 2014, from 3-6pm at
Croydon BME Forum, 387 London Road, CROYDON CR0 3PB
About the Event: The event is a workshop where topics of discussion will be focussed on and round ‘Identity Now, Present and Future.
Intent: To focus on making recommendations for a relationship with Croydon Community and its leaders that is appropriate and responsive to the needs of Croydon’s Black Community.
An Opportunity for the Black Community to make silent voices heard; helping to create and reshape access, experience and outcomes (through adolescence to adulthood) for the Black Community.
Context: Croydon is going through a great period of change, and it is our responsibility to ensure that our futures have been considered regarding this period of change. This event aims to have a positive input into what these changes are, what changes are needed and how these changes are implemented in Croydon, in line with the Mayor of London’s commitment to tackling diversity, improving life chances, removing barriers that prevent people from reaching their full potential.
- Is Black History Month relevant anymore?
- Do Black People still make history?
- Black Identity and Culture it’s power and impact
- Does being a member of the BME community in Croydon have any influence over your life choices? / What does it mean to be Black in Croydon
- Are there any inequalities faced as a Black person in Croydon?
- How can we better engage with services?
- How to make Youth Focussed Projects and Leadership programs more visible and accessible to the Black Youth Community?
- Promote leadership, Pride, Self-Discipline and Respect / Reinforce values and expectations?
Who Should Attend: Anyone who is 18yrs-24yrs, with an interest in Croydon’s Black Community is welcome to attend this workshop.
Come along with things you would like to express, share topics you would like to discuss or just come along to listen and have the opportunity to contribute to the discussion.
Doors will open at 2.45pm and we will start promptly at 3pm and finish by 6pm.
Refreshments will be provided.
Can you help?
Rhoannan is looking for a few speakers (10-15 minutes) to share their life experiences within the workshop. These experiences should be both inspirational and motivating, leaving the audience with a renewed sense of hope for the future. If you or someone you know is interested in participating please get in touch with Rhoannan.